How To Use The Map Window
This site contains photographs of scenes in Canada's Rocky Mountain national parks and adjacent areas. They are organized by location, and identified by trail. Each photograph has a reference to a map. The map window opens the Natural Resources Canada TOPORAMA web site.
- Select your preferred language (English or French).
- Accept and close the copyright acknowledgement window.
- Enter the desired map identifier given on the photo page, modifying the format (e. g.082O04 for 82 O/4), in the Sheet Number requestor and click on the Display button.
- Follow the instructions to display the map to your satisfaction.
- Find the mountains, lakes, or other named features in the photo on the map, and gain an understanding of the topographic context of the trail.
Note: Trails are not shown on these digital maps, although they are usually shown on the print versions.